(How Non-Profits Can Successfully Apply Blockchain)
At our third annual event, we’re excited to bring together researchers, technology experts, non-profit leaders and fund-raising professionals to develop innovative solutions that combine technology and compassion to improve our world. The event is brought to you by Leading Hands Through Technology and The Workmen’s Circle Educational Center of Ohio.
The event’s keynote speaker is Amy Neumann
Topic: Blockchain for Nonprofits and Social Impact: How Can We Use It Right Now?
Are you curious about blockchain after seeing so many headlines? Does it live up to the hype? And how can it have a positive impact on nonprofit missions? With Cleveland becoming a new global hub for blockchain through the efforts of Blockland and the Blockland Solutions conference, now is the ideal time to learn about this technology’s potential for nonprofits and social enterprise.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- Why people are excited about blockchain and the new things it makes possible in the social good space
- How you can determine if blockchain technology would be useful for your organization – and how to fund it
- Case studies and stories about how blockchain is already being used by nonprofits today
- What nonprofits can expect from blockchain over the next 12-24 months
- Tips on how to effectively keep up with the latest developments
In addition, a panel of local experts will share experiences and best practices. Join Leon Wilson, Chief of Digital Innovation & Chief Information Officer of the Cleveland Foundation, Lorraine Schuchart, Founder, and CEO of Prosper for Purpose, Michael Hudak, Project Manager at BlueBridge Networks, and Randy Cole, Exec VP & Chief Solutions Officer of Ownum!
The event will also feature a networking session with demos, poster presentations and vendor tables.
Light refreshments will be served.
- 5:30-6:00pm // Registration
- 6:00-6:30pm // Sponsor/Host Welcome
- 6:30-7:00pm // Panel presentation features:
- 7:15-8:00pm // Keynote presentation:
- 8:00-8:30pm // Networking reception with vendors, demos and research posters.
Blockchain for a Better World is approved for two points towards CFRE.